Emera Newfoundland & Labrador (ENL) intends to build and own a 500 MW +/- 200kV HVDC transmission project between the island of Newfoundland (NL) and Nova Scotia (NS), including a 170 kilometer subsea cable and approximately 400 kilometers of overhead line.
ENL is currently seeking Expressions of Interests (EOI) from companies with extensive experience to provide the supply and on-site delivery of transmission line conductors. The scope of future services includes, but is not limited to, the supply and delivery of:
- 200KV HVDC transmission line conductor in NL and NS (approx. 400 KM)
- 230KV AC transmission line conductor in NL (approx. 500 KM)
- Conductor for the grounding lines in NL and NS (approx. 170 KM)
- Overhead ground wire and overhead optical ground wire (approx. 850 KM)
- Counterpoise (approx. 400 KM)
The intent of this activity is to identify companies interested in participating in this procurement process and to ensure the Request for Proposal reflects applicable input from potential service providers. Companies interested in participating in this procurement process are required to complete and submit the EOI questionnaire to ENL by 3 p.m. NDT on Tuesday, June 11, 2013.
ENL is committed to respecting the interprovincial agreement on benefits between NS and NL as well ensuring Gender Equity & Diversity opportunities are optimized.