Emera Newfoundland & Labrador (Emera NL) is building and will own a 500 MW +/- 200kV HVDC transmission project (the Maritime Link) between the island of Newfoundland (NL) and Nova Scotia (NS). This project includes two 170 kilometre subsea cables and approximately 400 kilometres of overhead transmission line.
Emera NL is currently seeking Expressions of Interests (EOI) from companies with interest and capacity in providing the services of green fielding at the Granite Canal Accommodation Facility and purchasing all/or sections of an accommodations facility (including disassembling and removal from site of the facilities) located in Granite Canal, NL.
The scope of work is to provide:
- Green fielding of facility site that will include removal of buried services, fencing, and other miscellaneous infrastructure.
The items available for disposition / sale include:
- One accommodation module that houses 50 people;
- One accommodation module that houses 52 people;
- Kitchen facility and common area for 100 people;
- One megawatt generator with transfer switch; and
- Water treatment plant with 25 cubic meters- a-day water supply and sewer processing.
The sale of equipment will require the purchaser to:
- Disassemble the components/sections purchased;
- Transport off site;
- Remove any materials related to the section(s) being purchased from site; and
- All equipment is sold in “as is where is” condition.
The intent of this activity is to identify companies interested in participating in this procurement process. Companies interested in participating in this process are required to complete and submit the EOI questionnaire to Emera NL by 3 p.m. NST on Wednesday, March 22, 2017. To access the EOI questionnaire please complete the forum below or email a request to: emera.com.
Emera NL is committed to meeting our obligations under the interprovincial industrial benefits agreement between the governments of NL and NS and to ensuring gender equity and diversity opportunities are optimized.
Register: E16-287/AD1001 Green fielding and Asset Disposal of Accommodations Facility
Complete the following form and a procurement agent will contact you shortly.
• indicates a required field