Emera Newfoundland & Labrador (Emera NL) is operating a 500 MW +/- 200kV HVDC transmission project (the Maritime Link) between the island of Newfoundland (NL) and Nova Scotia (NS). This project includes two 170 kilometre subsea cables and approximately 400 kilometres of overhead transmission line.
Emera NL is currently seeking Expressions of Interests (EOI) from companies with interest and capacity in providing snow clearing services for Maritime Link Project sites, including:
- Converter building access roads and yards located at the Woodbine, NS, and Bottom Brook, NL sites,;
- Grounding sites, located at Indian Head, NL and Big Lorraine, NS; and
- Transition site located at Point Aconi, NS.
The Work Scope shall include, but not be limited to:
- The supply of all labour, materials, equipment, and services necessary for the execution and completion of snow clearing along access roads and sites.
- Snow removal and ice control using appropriate equipment and certified operators.
- Snow removal must occur with timely execution either at the star of storm/snow conditions, or by Emera NL’s request.
- Provision of winter sand to be used for ice/traction control for the duration of the designated winter period (Jan. 1, 2018 to May 1, 2018). Sand will need to be stockpiled at suitable locations, as appropriate.
- Road surface leveling using a grader equipped with serrated blade, or similar, on an as required basis as determined by Emera NL during the winter season.
- Supply and installation of additional and temporary markers as required along the route to denote road edges, equipment, etc. to facilitate snow clearing and driving.
- Grading on an as required basis from May 1, 2018 to Nov 30, 2018.
- Scope shall include allowances for all safety and environmental provisions where and when applicable.
The intent of this activity is to identify companies interested in participating in this procurement process. Companies interested in participating in this process are required to complete and submit the EOI questionnaire to Emera NL by 3 p.m. NST on Friday, December 22, 2017. To access the EOI questionnaire please complete the form below or email a request to: emera.com
Register: E17-OPP003 - Snow Clearing Services
Complete the following form and a procurement agent will contact you shortly.
• indicates a required field