Request for Expressions of Interest
E19-408 – HVac Line Section Route Optimization
Emera Newfoundland & Labrador (Emera NL) is operating a 500 MW +/- 200kV HVDC transmission project (the Maritime Link) between the island of Newfoundland (NL) and Nova Scotia (NS). This project includes two 170 kilometer subsea cables and approximately 400 kilometers of overhead transmission line.
Emera NL is currently seeking Expressions of Interest (EOI) from companies with interest and significant experience in High Voltage transmission line modification/construction activities near live lines on up to four (4) HVac structures.
The Work Scope is to include, but not be limited to, the following in Western Newfoundland:
- Reinstatement of access to the line and subsequent removal/remediation.
- Provision of all materials (poles, hardware, consumables) except conductor, which will be supplied by NSPML.
- Installation of the new structures, complete with hardware, guy wires, etc. per Company supplied drawings
- Stringing of phase conductors, OPGW and OHSW.
- Final tie-ins during an outage to place the line in service.
- Site remediation to minimize erosion potential.
Scope shall include allowances for all safety and environmental provisions where and when applicable.
The intent of this activity is to identify companies interested in participating in this procurement process and to ensure the Request for Proposal reflects applicable input from potential service providers.
Companies interested in participating in this procurement process are required to complete and submit the EOI questionnaire to Emera NL by 3 p.m. NDT on Friday, May 24th, 2019.
Emera NL is committed to the occupational health and safety of people; and conducting business in a manner that is respectful of the environment; as well as ensuring Gender Equity and Diversity opportunities are optimized.
To request a copy of the EOI questionnaire please visit www.EmeraNL.com or email a request tomailto:emera.com.
Register: E19-408 - HVac Line Section Route Optimization
Complete the following form and a procurement agent will contact you shortly.
• indicates a required field