The Community Investment Committee reviews all funding requests every five to six weeks. The committee receives many requests, which means choices must be made among the many worthwhile projects that are evaluated based on the following criteria:
- proximity to communities where ENL operates.
- the request originates from a registered charity, or an established not-for-profit organization.
- the objectives of the organization/initiative reflect ENL’s Community Investment Focus Areas.
- opportunities for ENL employees to volunteer.
Limitations and Exclusions
Community investment donations will not be made in support of the following:
- Religious organizations (except for those with non-faith based purposes)
- Third-party fundraisers
- Travel for individuals or groups
- Sport teams
- Political parties and events