In November 2014, Newfoundland and Labrador's Minister of Natural Resources, Derrick Dalley, Nova Scotia Energy Minister, Andrew Younger, and Chris Huskilson, President and CEO of Emera signed an Industrial and Employment Benefits agreement for the Maritime Link Project. This agreement is based on the terms outlined by the interprovincial Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) that was signed by the provinces in late 2011.
The agreement includes commitments to the following:
- Equal opportunities for NS and NL businesses and residents.
- A fair, open and transparent procurement and contracting process for suppliers and contractors in both provinces.
- Funding for training and development positions that align with the specialized nature of the Maritime Link Project.
- Educational sponsorships to be allocated between universities in NS and NL to support Maritime Link related technologies.
- Tracking and reporting updates of data related to economic and employment benefits for both provinces.
Click here to view the Maritime Link Industrial and Employment Benefits Agreement.