Emera Newfoundland & Labrador (ENL) strives to be a valued and contributing member of the communities in which we live, work and operate. ENL is committed to investing in organizations and causes in areas that are adjacent to or impacted by the Maritime Link Project. In addition, ENL provides support to our employees, who generously volunteer their time and efforts in their communities.
Emera Newfoundland & Labrador (ENL) takes pride in supporting the places in which we live and work. As part of this, our Community Investment Program primarily focuses on supporting initiatives and activities in western Newfoundland and Cape Breton.
Funding requests are reviewed regularly and are evaluated based on the following criteria:
- proximity to communities where ENL operates.
- the request originates from a registered charity, or an established not-for-profit organization.
- the objectives of the organization/initiative reflect ENL’s Community Investment Focus Areas.
- opportunities for ENL employees to volunteer.
Limitations and Exclusions
Community investment donations will not be made in support of the following:
- Religious organizations (except for those with non-faith based purposes)
- Third-party fundraisers
- Travel for individuals or groups
- Sport teams
- Political parties and events
How to Apply
Applications are reviewed regularly however, further information may be requested before making a final decision.
Within your application package, please include:
- A brief history of your organization
- Where your organization/initiative is located
- How your organization/initiative relates to ENL’s Focus Areas
- Specific details of funding levels
- If other financial partnerships already exist
- Details about any volunteer opportunities for ENL employees
You can apply for support here.