At Emera Newfoundland & Labrador we believe that diversity makes us stronger. We will work with our contractors to ensure that women, Aboriginal Peoples, individuals with disabilities and visible minorities have equal opportunity for roles in which they have been traditionally under-represented in the workplace.
Our Diversity Plan establishes:
- positive policies and practices towards increasing business access and employment of under-represented groups.
- measures to recruit, retain and support under-represented people.
- qualitative and quantitative goals that are set and tracked for occupational categories where under-representation exists.
- provisions in our labour agreements that specifically reference support of the Diversity Plan.
- collaboration and communication with stakeholders.
- commitment to a respectful workplace for all employees and contractors through proactive policies and training.
The Diversity Plan was originally written to address requirements as set out by the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador, therefore, references in the document are specific to Newfoundland and Labrador. However, ENL is committed to diversity initiatives across the Project, and all initiatives occur in both Newfoundland and Labrador and Nova Scotia.