Emera Newfoundland & Labrador shares in the desires of its customers, shareholders, employees, and others, to enjoy the benefits of a sound economy in a healthy and sustainable environment. It is committed to meeting its business objectives in a manner which is respectful and protective of the environment, and in full compliance with legal requirements and Company policy.
In delivering on this commitment, Emera Newfoundland & Labrador will:
- make environment an integral part of decision making, as it pursues sustainable development, environmental performance, quality service to customers and value to shareholders.
- develop, verify and continually improve environmental management systems through strong leadership and employee commitment.
- avoid environmental interactions when possible. If avoidance is not possible, mitigate and follow-up to determine the effectiveness of mitigation and adjust where necessary.
- use the Environmental Policy as the framework for setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets.
- work with employees and customers to promote the most efficient use of resources, products and services.
- communicate with all stakeholders on environmental performance in a proactive and open manner.
Emera Newfoundland & Labrador mandates that all employees fulfill the environmental responsibilities and requirements of their jobs at all times.